The ASSE 6000 Re-Certification Program was developed to satisfy the RENEWAL requirements of the ASSE 6000 Professional Qualification Standard.
The ASSE 6000 Re-Certification Program was developed to satisfy the requirements of the ASSE 6000 Professional Qualification Standard. It is web-based and self-paced, and the program contents are all provided online. This training is suitable for MOST of the ASSE 6000 certifications for update and renewal. (The 6015, 6035 & 6055 certifications require different update training.)
Program Fee: $249*
The program fee must be received prior to starting the program. The program fee covers the following items.
- (4) Hour Online Training Course
- Access to program author for questions and clarifications
- Re-Certification Examination (25 questions)
- ASSE 6000 Certification Card (Provided by MGTI)
- Certificate of Completion (For Non-MGTI Certifications)
Candidates have one (1) year from the date they begin the program to complete all the requirements. Failure to complete these requirements within one (1) year will result in forfeit of program fees.
This program consists of a four (4) hour training course and the Re-Certification Exam. The training course consists of the following training modules. Topics include:
- Review of the Applicable Codes and Standards
- Review of the Medical Gas Certifications
- Review of Basic Terms and Definitions
- Review of Supply Systems and Storage Location Requirements
- Changes in the NFPA 99 for Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems
- Overview of Oxygen Generators for Medical Use
- Overview of Corrugated Medical Tubing
- Overview of the New Installation and Inspection Requirements
- Overview of the New Dental Gas and Vacuum Chapter
Want to transfer your certification?
MGTI allows for the transfer of your existing, non-expired ASSE 6000 Certifications from other accepted Third-Party Certification Agencies. You are required to complete the recertification program in accordance with MGTI requirements. See frequently asked questions below for more information.
*The program fee does not include transferring another certificate. There is an additional charge of $25 (per certificate) for transfers.
IMPORTANT: MGTI allows the renewal of expired certifications within one year of the expiration date. If your expired certification is within this one-year grace period you may proceed through the renewal process. If it is just beyond the one-year mark, and/or you have extenuating circumstances your application please contact us. Under normal circumstances, candidates whose certifications have been expired for more than one year will need to go through the initial certification program in order to reactivate the certification. Certifications that are renewed past their expiration dates will NOT be given a new expiration date (month/day) based on the day they renew. In order to document the certification’s continuity, the expiration date will remain the same as on the original certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my ASSE certification on your website?
Yes, we can renew your MGTI ASSE 6005, 6010, 6020, 6030, 6040 and/or 6050 certifications online. We will be expanding to accept renewal of MGTI ASSE 6015 and 6035 certifications soon.
The ASSE 6000 Renewal Training Program can also be used to satisfy the (4) hour continuing education/training requirement for many other third-party certification agencies. If you are renewing your certification with another agency, you are responsible for verifying acceptance of this program. MGC will issue a Certificate of Completion for those wishing to renew with another agency after the training is completed.
Can I renew my ASSE 6010 and ASME IX Brazing certification with MGC?
Yes. During the registration process, copies of current certification documents will be required and can be uploaded at the time of registration. However, some additional information may be requested to verify the documents. This request will be made sometime after the application and documentation has been submitted.
All transferred certifications are reviewed by Medical Gas Training Institute (MGTI) and new certifications will be issued by MGTI. To learn more about MGTI please visit their About webpage.
How do I renew my ASSE certification with MGC?
In order to be re-certified, you must complete a (4) hour training course and the take the MGTI re-certification exam. Both can be completed online. To start the process, you will need to complete the application. Once received we will send a confirmation email with the next steps.
What information do you require to be re-certified?
For those currently certified under the Medical Gas Training Institute (MGTI), simply complete the application.
Depending on your certification with another third-party certification agency, we may only need a current non-expired copy of your certificate or wallet card. If you have an ASSE 6010 there will be additional practical/brazing documentation and continuity required. Once an application has been submitted, we may contact you for additional information and/or documentation in order to process the application. This review is conducted by the Medical Gas Training Institute.
Transferring ASSE 6000 Certifications
MGTI allows for the transfer of your existing, non-expired, ASSE 6000 Certifications from other accepted, reputable Third-Party Certification Agencies. Before taking the recertification exam, you are required to complete the re-certification program in accordance with the MGTI requirements. The following are guidelines for transferring your certification to MGTI:
For ASSE 6005, 6020, 6030, 6040 & 6050:
- Fill out the certification transfer application/agreement. (Online through the Medical Gas Certifications, Inc website or on paper for in-class students)
- Send scans or pictures of your current certificate(s) and wallet card(s).
- Pay the $25 transfer fee.
There may be additional information requested for 6020’s, 6030’s, 6050’s and anyone transferring certification from agencies other than NITC.
ASSE 6010’s will need the following additional documentation:
- Original Brazer Performance Qualification (BPQ), if available.
- Copy of up-to-date brazing log, or for NITC cardholders, most recent “Record of Continuity Brazer Qualification” (If submitted online we can just look it up.
For 6035/MGPHO/CMGV card-holders:
- Contact MGTI directly for an application.
- Send application/transfer agreement, along with exam fee, and copy of current certificate & card.
- Pay the $25 transfer fee.
- MGTI will email link to take the exam online.
Note: The transfer fees are in addition to the re-certification training program fees.